VAT Manager - Uxbridge - Duration 16/10/2017 - 31/03/2018 - Pharmaceutical company
£330 - £414 per day
Keen to work for a leading well known pharmaceutical organisation? Then we have an interesting opportunity for you.
- Core Responsibilities:The VAT Manager will lead the Indirect Tax Compliance activities related to a portfolio of VAT registrations (countries), working closely with our main stakeholders SCA, T&S GPO and Global Tax, acting as point of contact for technical matters related to Indirect Tax, both internally and externally.
- The candidate will ensure compliance with our monthly KPIs, being mainly related to returns filed on time, tax payments made on time, Balance Sheet Reconciliations completed on time and prepared with the standard quality. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that an early warning system is in place and that issues are communicated well in advance of deadlines.
- Managing effectively both internal and external audits for the entities in scope and ensuring that information and questions are addressed on a timely basis.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of existing and new SOPs.
- Appropriate & timely assessment of our controls environment (including L1 and SOX controls)
- Managing a team, from recruitment, through training and then through continuous development to optimise their knowledge & awareness of the Company's trading models and the Indirect Tax regulations and processes relevant to the entities in scope.
- The expert utilisation of provided compliance tools and contributing on a real time basis to logs and trackers of activities so as to ensure high quality compliance results and transparency to stakeholders of current workflow progress and issues as they arise.
- Ensure Ways of Working defined within our team and also with our stakeholders are followed and identify any gaps or overlaps.
- Embrace the company's Values and readily adopt the company's Expectations.
- Candidate will require general business knowledge to:
- Understand the implications of the company's trading models, legal structure, department structure and business processes on its Indirect Tax compliance obligations.
- Appreciate the company's overarching business objectives and how our team's goals align to those objectives.
- Awareness of how Indirect Tax risk arises both from systems and processes and through tax audits, well developed communication and reporting skills to ensure that all stakeholders have the right visibility of developing risks at the right time.
Fluency in English both written and verbal is imperative; a second European language would be a plus.
- VAT and Intrastat reporting experience within a large company ERP environment (SAP and JDE preferably).
- High level of competence using Excel and general numeracy, accuracy, attention to detail and displays initiative in solving problems without losing the overview in the detail. Candidate rigorously pursues a 'right first time' approach;
- Disciplined, excellent organisation, empathy with capacity of working under pressure and working with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and show initiative and ability to proactively and personally drive change
- The candidate will have the responsibility to plan, implement and embed projects within Tax and Stats, so some project management experience is also
- Fully-qualified in ACA, ACCA, CTA or equivalent
Preferred experience & skills:
- Preferred Professional background: Big 4 firm, Shared Services Centre Environment, Outsourcing, International work experience,
- Experience in the Pharma Industry and also in the Manufacturing & Distribution business;
- The predominant activity of the role involves managing a team of VAT Analysts to process and report Indirect Tax Returns for a range of (mainly) European Countries and as they arise, and contribute to the resolution of Indirect Tax Audits.
- The role will involve managing a small team (c5) of Analysts acting in principle compliance role for a number of assigned entities acting under the continuous direction and responsibility of the candidate. People management experience and the ability to develop and get the best out of people are critical.
- The role would therefore benefit from at least 5 years hands on experience in an Indirect Tax compliance role, with an expert level understanding of Indirect Tax compliance processes and law principles from at least one major European jurisdiction and understand the principles of European VAT law in relation to movement of goods;
This position represents a great chance to widen your skill set and progress your career in a successful business.
If you are keen to apply, please send your CV immediately or get in touch for further information.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76767110