KS2 Teacher - Full-time
Pay: MPS/UPS based on experience + TLR £2,830
Start Date: Jan 2018
About the role: Molehill Primary Academy have an opportunity for a successful and passionate teacher who thrives on working as part of a cohesive team to join us for the new year. Our appointed candidate’s main focus will be to maintain our strong practice in Years 5 and 6. We are a growing school that is driving forward and on the up – it’s a great time to join us on our journey. This role offers scope to take on additional responsibility in the remit of English Lead and will award a TLR of £2,830; this is great career progression for those passionate about English at Primary level.
Our children will benefit hugely from an energetic, highly motivated, dynamic and forward thinking teacher who places them at the centre of school life, with high expectations of pupil's achievement and behaviour, ensuring every child achieves their full potential.
As a Class Teacher you will demonstrate:
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching and is able to inspire and lead others
- High personal and professional standards, drive and energy with a teaching ability to provide a role model for all
- Passion and tenacity to make a real difference to pupils across all subject areas and the ability to help children go further than they think possible!
- A commitment to being a strong classroom practitioner and can work effectively in a team
- Excellent communication skills, developing the potential of all of our children
- A willingness to engage in and support our school’s coaching programme
Our children deserve the very best so our successful candidate will:
- Have a commitment and determination to champion our children to meet their potential
- Be willing to go above and beyond for the sake of our children and our school
- Demonstrate pride in themselves, their work and how they help children to learn
- Bring joy to their classroom, their school team and the wider school
In return, we can offer:
- Amazing children, who are well behaved, enthusiastic and keen learners
- A hugely supportive, committed and friendly staff team, leadership, parents and Governing Body
- A commitment to staff Continued Professional and Learning Development and your wellbeing
- Opportunities for career progression across our Leigh Academies Trust schools
If you share our vision and values and you are excited by this amazing opportunity, empowering you to make a real difference to pupil achievement, please contact the school office to arrange a visit or an informal conversation on 01622 751 729. Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and you will also find a wealth of information about our school on our website.
Please consult the Job Description for further information.
Closing Date: 16/10/2017 at 12:00
Interviews: TBc (before breaking up for half term)
Information about the school
Molehill Primary Academy was opened in 1954 to serve the southern part of the Shepway Estate and the roads leading to it. It caters for boys and girls from the age of 4-11 years. It is well equipped having its own library, dining hall, assembly hall, sports field and nature reserve. It stands in beautiful grounds that we have developed especially to aid curriculum studies.
There are approximately 281 children on roll, of which, 13 are designated places for hearing impaired children who may start the academy at the age of 2 and a half years old.
Our Academy is a happy, caring and secure community which offers a stimulating learning environment. By developing potential and self-esteem we help everyone to become a unique, responsible, considerate and successful individual.
By learning together we:
- foster a life long love of learning.
- provide a range of intellectual, physical and creative activities.
- nurture spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness.
- develop lively, enquiring minds.
- promote respect, responsibility and self discipline.
- build self-esteem and a sense of community.
We are an Academy that is improving and developing into an excellent learning environment. The school now offers a more creative curriculum, excellent planning and assessment.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.