Payroll Controller / Payroll Administrator / Payroll Assistant
Job Title: Payroll Controller
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
Reports To: Payroll Operations Manager
Our Client is a specialist provider of Employer Services. They provide outsourced Employer Solutions to clients in the areas of HR, Payroll and Health & Safety. They provide global HR and Payroll solutions to a wide and prestigious client base, with the head office in Hong Kong. They are a small but growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Controller to join our client, working from their Basingstoke office. This role will be focused on providing a first class service to all existing and new Payroll clients. You must be able to process various payrolls accurately and on time unsupervised. Excellent customer service skills are required together with wide ranging payroll knowledge to be able to advise clients and answer queries. A proactive and practical hands-on approach is needed in order to deliver results and you must be willing to roll up your sleeves and work as part of a small team.
You must be professional with excellent oral and written communication skills. Client focus is absolutely key to the role and you will need to be able to build and maintain professional client relationships remotely and in person to ensure a client service is provided to the highest of standards.
Skills & Qualifications
- High level of payroll skill. Preferably CIPP qualified or working towards.
- Star Payroll knowledge preferred.
- Systems literate: MS Office (particularly excel), Internet, Payroll Software, email.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Strong administrative skills and close attention to detail.
- Excellent spoken and written English, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to retain key client information and prioritise work effectively to ensure all client requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure, remain calm and deliver accurate work.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Proactive and professional attitude to clients and colleagues.
- "Can do" and positive approach to work.
- Strong organisation skills: ability to prioritise effectively.
- Full driving license and access to own car.
The role is office based but UK travel to meet the clients and attend meetings may be required from time to time.
- 21 days holiday (rising with service to 25 days)
- Pension 5% on matching basis
- Life cover
- Private medical
- Flexi-time - subject to core hours of 10am to 4pm
- Pleasant office location on the edge of Basingstoke, with free parking
Please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Payroll Supervisor, Deputy Payroll Manager, Payroll Manager, PAYE Controller, Assistant Payroll Manager, Accounts Clerk, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Financial Administrator, Payroll Executive, HR Project Coordinator, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Manager, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Officer, HR Project Team Leader, Accounts Coordinator, Accounts Manager, Payroll Team Leader, Accounts Team Leader, HR Project Manager Senior Payroll Clerk will also be considered for this role.