Business Manager Administration - Full-time
Start Date: Jan 2018
School Business Manager
Full time – 37 hours per week, 52 weeks
KR 10 £32,079 - £37,921
Start date: January 2018
Due to the retirement of the bursar and school expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen with the creation of a new role of School Business Manager. We are looking for an exceptional candidate to be a key part of our school leadership team and the continued success of our school.
The post holder will be responsible for the strategic development and management of finance, Personnel, Premises, Health & Safety, IT and Marketing alongside the Headteacher, Senior Management Team and Governing Body.
The successful candidate will have a positive and flexible approach while managing a diverse and demanding workload and be highly motivated, enthusiastic, analytical and innovative.
They will also need:-
- To hold a SBM qualification
- Considerable financial knowledge, understanding and experience
- To have successful leadership and management experience
- Excellent organisation, administration, record keeping and presentation skills and an eye for detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Be an effective team member who will motivate and inspire others and help shape the SBM role.
- Experience of working in a school setting is also desirable.
In return we offer:-
- The opportunity to be part of our expanding, progressive and forward thinking school
- Be part of a friendly, supportive and talented staff team, committed to providing an excellent education for every child.
- Happy and motivated children who enjoy learning
Visits to school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact Mrs Lusher, the Headteacher’s P.A. on 01892 529682.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please see accompanying letter regarding application process.
Closing date for applications:11th October 2017
Interviews: week beginning 16th October 2017
Information about the school
Southborough Primary School is a large, friendly school (approximately 560 pupils) situated on the rural fringe between Southborough and Tunbridge Wells. We are situated on a lovely site with superb grounds.
We have an excellent team of enthusiastic and dedicated teachers, support staff and governors. We work closely with our parents, local church and community to provide quality education and exciting learning opportunities.
We are committed to all of our children reaching high standards of attainment and achievement in a happy, secure and stimulating environment.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.