Digital Operating Model - PMO Lead
Digital Operating Model - PMO Lead
6 Month Contract
Working with Prudential Data Global Services (PGDS) as a PMO Lead means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation, a remarkable history and exciting plans for the future. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Digital Operating Model programme is a PGDS programme to deliver end-to-end transformation of PGDS, the shared service IT infrastructure provider for Pru UK, M&G and GHO to enable the Group's digital strategy and critical BU programmes.
The role of the DOM PMO Lead is to manage the Programme Management Office Team for the DOM programme. This will include the management of consultancy resources within the PMO who will report in to the overall Deloitte lead but will require management day to day by the PMO Lead.
The programme is undergoing a reset ahead of moving in to the next phase - Transition and then Transformation. There is an opportunity to help shape this with the support of Deloitte and ensure the correct governance and processes are in place to support the programme through to the next phase and beyond.
Day to day activities will include Management of tracking status of programme deliverables and milestones; Ensuring the new governance model is being followed and facilitating the key governance forums e.g. Delivery Boards and Steering Committees; programme level risk and issue co-ordination; coordination of the regular project and programme level reporting cycles; Managing the team on a daily basis to ensure the PMO runs smoothly and the workstreams have the support they need to deliver
At times the PMO may be asked to provide workstream support, in ensuring workstream plans and workstream documentation are completed and up-to-date, provide regular workstream status updates.
The PMO Lead will assist the Programme Manager in the day to day running of the programme and cover thier activities when required.
- Managing programme risks, issues and change control, communicating the impact to the programme.
- Providing effective management support to workstreams teams on medium to large sized activities, or assisting Programme Manager on workstreams.
- Co-ordinate issues, and queries received by the Programme and escalate to the relevant senior manager for opinion and direction.
- Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and costs. Reviewing, collating, maintaining and highlighting changes to programme plans.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of the programme back to Steerco and all stakeholders.
- Experience of working on a large Transformation programme highly beneficial
- Experience of working in a Financial Services environment
- Experience in a Lead PMO or Senior PMO role with experience of managing a team or one or more resources
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders at Exec level
- Experience of reshaping or putting in place a Programme Management Office
- Experience in managing all of the key PMO activities:
- Preparing Project Status Reports and MI reports, and other analysis reports
- Change Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Benefits Tracking
- Facilitation of governance forums
- Experience of managing medium/large projects/workstream, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle
- Experience of working within a structured project management framework
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
Work Based Competencies:
- Knowledge of project management lifecycle methodology
- Attention to detail, in checking and challenging information provided
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Very good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities
- Working under pressure, using own initiative and with minimal supervision
- IT infrastructure knowledge will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Previous PMO Lead experience essential
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76698988