DBA - SQL - The Pensions Regulator - Brighton - £46,506
Pensions are making headlines. People are living longer, and need to save more for later life.
The Government has introduced a number of major reforms to the pensions system. At The Pensions Regulator, the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes, you can contribute to making these changes a success.
We strive to be a strong, agile, fair and efficient regulator and a well-informed and pragmatic thought leader. Through this we seek to gain the respect of employers, trustees, our partners and other stakeholders.
Together with our partners, we will create better outcomes in later life for workplace savers, drive up standards of trusteeship and improve savers' understanding of their situation.
We will make the regulator a great place to work and do all we can to support our people to reach their full potential by providing an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment.
We're looking for an SQL Database Developer/DBA to ensure our databases are well designed, contain good quality data and report to the business on the data.
* Develop IT systems and application functionality to enable TPR to achieve its objectives more efficiently
* Be responsible for Logical Data Model, Physical Data Model and database creation
* Develop data processes and standards associated with the management of data i.e. data cleansing, archiving, deletion etc
* Contribute to data interfaces and extracts design
* Assist with the development of data interfaces between systems, including identifying data sources and defining appropriate field mapping
* Communicate timely and relevant information to the team and other teams, business units and functions
* Identify IT solutions to business issues
* Manage the development of future data standards and processes and work to ensure successful back-end integration of data models
* Work with consultants and suppliers to deliver appropriate solutions to time, cost and quality
* Relational Database design, development and management approaches and techniques
* Microsoft Database technologies including SSIS and SSRS
* Experience of manipulating data and tuning Databases
* Ability to communicate technical language to a non technical audience.
* SQL Server versions up to and including 2016
* Data matching and large data loads
* System architecture design, build and operate principles and techniques
* Experience of supporting a production SQL Server environment
* Understanding of C# and other web technologies
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of up to £46,506 we offer:
* Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
* discretionary bonus arrangements
* generous annual leave provision
* flexible working arrangements
* development opportunities
* enhanced parental leave arrangements
* a free employee assistance programme
* an excellent office location.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76695530