IT Technician Apprentice
"Believe, Achieve, Succeed!" Are you looking to kick start your career in a vibrant, happy and successful school? Then look no further! Baltic Training and Sidney Stringer Academy are thrilled to be recruiting for an IT Technician Apprentice to join their Multi Academy Trust based in Coventry.
Sidney Stringer Academy Trust is a very rewarding place to work in for students and staff alike. Judged by Ofsted as 'outstanding' in all categories Sidney Stringer is now the lead school in the trust of 5 schools and one of the most popular and oversubscribed schools in the local area!
As the Trust develops, they are exploring the opportunities of creating shared posts and services across the schools and are now seeking an IT Technician Apprentice to work across all sites as part of their small IT team.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and break down barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in a way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
- To work across the Multi-Academy Trust to provide first line helpdesk support to students and staff for hardware, software, audio-visual, photocopiers and telephone equipment.
- To install and configure software applications.
- To assist with the upkeep of the college I.T. inventory.
- To set up, maintain and organise repairs for various computing, audio visual and telephone equipment.
You will play a full part in the school community, promote school policies and support mission statement. A full DBS check for the successful candidate will also be required.
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Good time management skills.
- Organised, friendly and approachable.
- Good communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude.
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Maths and English
The future is bright:
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- 37 hours per week - All year
- Monday- Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm, Friday 8:30am- 4:00pm
- 30 minute lunch break
- £3.50 per hour
- Cycle Scheme
- Free Parking
Location and Travel:
You will primarily be based from the Sidney Stringer Academy in central Coventry which has excellent bus routes and just over a mile from the train station. The job role will also require you to provide support at the following schools; Ernesford Grange Community Academy, Radford Primary Academy, Riverbank Academy and Sidney Stringer Primary which are all within a 4 mile radius.
About Baltic Training:
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76702220