Landfil Gas Technician
Tailored Recruitment Consultancy are currently recruiting for a leading Engineering company who specifically deal in the waste industry. We are looking to recruit a Gas Technician on a permanent basis in the South East (Home Counties).
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Gas Technician to join the southern based Landfill Gas team.
The main purpose of this role is to:
- Maximise landfill Gas recovery and treatment to ensure environmental protection is optimised, beneficial use of Landfill gas is maximised, liaison between site management and contractors to ensure compliance with current legislation and guidance both internal and statutory.
- Interrogate data to enable planning of system extensions and reinforcement to minimise loss of performance. Co-ordinate monitoring data with on-site activity and updating local and regional management teams.
The main functions may be performed at one or more sites depending on the home location of the successful candidate and their proximity to operating sites. The ideal location but not limited to would be the Yorkshire Area.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- Qualification in Health and Safety IOSH as a minimum
- Mechanical/Engineering/Science qualification a degree standard would be desired
- GCSE's or equivalent (grades A-C) in Mathematics, English, IT, Chemistry (Basic and Environmental Science desirable
- Good communication skills?
- Computer literacy (including Excel) - essential
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail required
- A process background - desirable
- Able to travel, without restriction
The company have a friendly, open, honest culture that’s based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is their number one priority.
The company are very proud of what they do and are continually striving to be better. They listen to their employees and care about what their employees think. They encourage their people to take responsibility. You will have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to their business, customers and to the communities in which they operate.
They are committed to helping people fulfil their potential. You’ll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with them and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to the business.
The company are offering the right candidate up to £25,000, excellent benefits and real career progression.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76709732