A leading manufacturing business are keen to secure a Finance Manager to drive financial performance for a £120m production site.
As Finance Manager, the overall purpose of the role is to provide financial support in understanding the key performance issues of the business. Key elements will include providing financial analysis and insight into the operational activities of the business whilst ensuring a robust control environment and balance sheet integrity.
This is a key role in supporting the Regional Leadership team and the Site Management Team's in driving operational performance improvements. The role will interface with the operations, procurement and site manufacturing teams, ensuring efficient, low cost manufacture of products. There will also be liaison with the commercial teams to ensure that products can be manufactured on a commercial basis.
Key duties as Finance Manager:
Control & Governance
Ensure financial controls are maintained for the site and that monthly/weekly reporting accurately reflects the trading position
- Custodian of the weekly accounts and monthly reporting cycle (Month End Duties)
- Adherence to the Operating Calendar by site finance team
- Supervise, engage and mentor the Site Accountants and Finance Assistants
- Preparation of the budgeting & forecasting process
- Preparation & presentation of financial information required by division
- Involved with standard costing of SKU's to propose to commercial team
- Balance sheet management - GRNI, Parked Invoices, Accruals/Prepayments, Debit Note Provision kept to manageable level
- Work with budget holders teams to ensure their overhead spends remain within agreed forecasts and budgets
- Develop systems & processes to improve regular reporting & eliminate unnecessary work
- Provide the Site and Regional Leadership team early insight into performance gap through financial & operational analysis
- Support the Site General Manager and Operations Director by providing insight into manufacturing and supply chain costs and present opportunities to improve & challenge performance & strategy
- Act as key contact point for site Finance and provide support / guidance
- Review & develop the site senior team to improve their understanding of financials, ensuring that all they equipped to deliver against all expectations
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their roles/accountabilities and that training is provided to meet these
- Communicate, liaise & escalate issues with the Regional Head of Finance and Site Director
To be considered for the position of Finance Manager, candidates must be/have:
- Fully Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of working in a high-volume manufacturing business/environment
- A positive can-do attitude
- Ability to deal with difficult stakeholders and challenge leaders on site to help drive the business forward
Up to £60k plus package is on offer for the successful Finance Manager, if you are interested, please do register your interest ASAP.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76714815