Principal Systems Engineer ETCS
Principal Systems Engineer (ETCS) - Engineering Consultancy
Location: Central London (Commutable by train)
Salary: DOE + Excellent flexible benefits (i.e. profit reward scheme, healthcare, gym)
As Principal Systems Engineer you will support and lead a team of rail systems engineers based at the London office and particularly in relation to ETCS projects. The systems team provide support and advice to internal teams on all rail system and system engineering issues in general but have specialist areas of expertise. This can range from detailed system and architecture design, system modelling to Safety system design and assessment, EMC, Assurance and RAMS issues. The main duties are:
- Reporting to, and accountable to the London systems leader on system matters.
- Interface/liaise with the Global Rail Technical Director and the Rail Engineering Group Leader
- Lead/support system engineering activities for feasibility, outline and detailed design of systems and in particular ETCS schemes
- Production of System Engineering plans and processes to cover Requirements Management, Systems evaluation, Systems acceptance, Interface management, System Integration, Systems assurance and RAMS
- Production of design, documentation & report documentation to client requirements
- Production of system architecture models
- Responsible for checking the system engineering and design output of others
- Represent the company when witnessing site integration testing and acceptance activities
- Work without supervision for the majority of the time
- Help win work for the Firm by producing persuasive proposals and bid documentation
- Good Electrical, Electronic or Systems Degree (B.Eng, M.Eng or equivalent) recognised by the IET (or similar Institution) and Chartered Engineer status
- Able to demonstrate real expertise in ETCS at the application design or implementation level
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of ETCS and also, in the context of its implementation environment (e.g. telecoms systems and existing signalling systems infrastructure, Train and signaller operations, testing and commissioning etc.)
- Cross-discipline hands-on experience of checking or approval of designs
- Good underpinning knowledge of systems engineering design principles, standards and processes
- Good understanding of rail assurance regimes and their processes
- Experience in rail control systems implementation (at the development, design, testing or commissioning level)
- Able to produce and check reports in good English
- Able to plan, manage and lead systems related activities in relation to the team
- Willingness and ability to travel to other offices in UK or overseas when required.
Rewards and Benefits
- Work for a leading Consultancy with a range of small and major projects across the UK and internationally.
- Supportive, collaborative and flexible working environment.
- Competitive salary at all levels, combined with one of the best benefit packages in the sector.
- Bi-yearly company bonus scheme.
You must be living and authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying please contact Samuel Merry at Resolute Recruit at or call 01332 345566
Applications will be kept confidential and details will only be shared with potential employers with your consent.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76706142