IT Support - Field Engineer
IT Support / Field Engineer / Helpdesk / IT Engineer / 2nd Line Support / Microsoft / Mac OS / Linux
Field Engineer with a strong technical background, experience of a helpdesk environment and a Full UK Driving License is needed for our client, a rapidly-growing managed IT and cloud services provider based in Liverpool. They work with nationwide clients and leverage some of the latest technologies to bring the most innovate products to their customers.
Due to their continued success and growth, they are looking for a talented field engineer to join their team. This is a role that requires flexibility and the ability to work well under pressure. You will primarily focus on delivering onsite support to our client base.
- Full UK Driving License
- Enthusiastic IT engineer, with experience working in a helpdesk environment
- Strong technical background and a passion for technology
- In depth knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016 and associated technologies
- Experience with Citrix and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Exchange and SMTP communication
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Server systems including Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server
- Comfortable with fundamental network technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience of both Mac OS and Linux
- Understanding of firewalls and technologies such as NAT, IP filtering and routing
- Great communications skills and able to maintain high levels of customer service
- Promote effective and efficient resolution of IT issues for the entire customer base.
- A problem-solving mindset and approach
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- VLAN experience
- VOIP/SIP experience
- Cisco Routers and Firewalls
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 per annum + company car
Location: Liverpool / North West based, but National travel will be required
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76721859