Head of FP&A
Newly created role as Head of FP&A for an impressive, FTSE Listed Kent based business.
Our client is a leading, FTSE listed, Kent based business with a national presence. This role presents itself at a key strategic time in the growth and development of the organisation, and you will have a key opportunity to impact future through the delivery of key improvements to budgetting and forecasting processes.
The Head of FP&A for this Kent based FTSE Listed business is a newly created role to take the business forward in a commercial sense. The purpose of the role is to monitor and understand the operational and financial performance of the group and provide ad-hoc financial and commercial analysis and presentations to the senior management and external stakeholders.
You will manage and assist with the production of budgets, strategic plans and monthly rolling forecasts and provide strategic analysis and insight into the assumptions underpinning these. You will be required to understand the drivers of actual results compared to forecast and budget and leverage that analysis into deliverable guidance and recommendations.
Specific requirements include:
- Lead the reporting team within Group Finance, with responsibility for weekly and monthly forecasting/reporting and the annual strategic plan and budgeting processes.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly management and board operational packs, implementing appropriate improvements
- Work closely with the regional businesses to gain a strong commercial awareness and understanding of the ongoing operations
- Understand, analyse and challenge key operating metrics and drivers
- Liaise with regional and divisional FDs and other senior management to rigorously challenge and question their planned assumptions and actual performance on an on-going basis
- Provide analysis and interpretation of forecasts and actual results produced within the Group as well as preparation and tracking of other Group-wide analysis incorporating financial and non-financial data
- Develop systems and processes that allow ease of analysis and reporting
- Ad-hoc finance support on projects as required by the business
- Working on an ongoing business improvement project to implement a new system.
- Improve group reporting and analysis and drive the standardisation of regional reporting
- Identify opportunities to improve internal processes
The successful Head of FP&A will be:
- Qualified (ACA/CIMA/ACCA).
- A strong communicator.
- Able to manage stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Highly analytical and able to offer commercial insight.
Basic salary of up to £90,000 including car allowance + Pension + 50% Bonus potential + Health care
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76714335