1st Line Support
1st Line Support | Service Desk | Private Sector | City Centre | £10 per hour | IT
Your new company
My client is a joint venture organisation, specialising in ICT services. We provide expertise and managed services that help our local authority clients maximise business value.
Your new role
The Desk consists of 24 analysts doing 1st and 2nd line fixes. This team is incredibly busy with 40 + call per day each and a very high level of first time fixes expected. This is going to be a 1st line and 2nd line support position covering ICT. Analyst will be expected to -
- Receive and accurately record all contacts made by customer to the Service Desk for ICT related issues, ensuring agreed priority criteria is followed
- Provide initial assessments of all incidents; reported to the Service Desk making first attempt at incident resolution and/or refer to 2nd line support and suppliers
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to customers.
- Provide first time fixes and fulfilment, where possible for reported incidents
- Comply with all internal policies and processes for referral of ICT calls to 2nd line internal resolver groups and suppliers
- Comply with all Governance Policies and Procedures
- Apply call ownership and incident management, keeping customers informed on status and progress.
- Collective responsibility for team's workload in documentation creation, review and distribution
- Responsible for quality of own work
What you'll need to succeed
First line call logging in a busy service desk team. They have around 24 in team with around 40 calls each per day. Experience in a Service Desk environment is essential as is a sound IT knowledge.
Have a good understanding so as to be able to log with the correct information and detail. Be able to advise a fix where possible.
Call centre or customer service background is essential. Applicants must be able to demonstrate they can provide excellent Customer in a pressurised environment.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience of working in a Service Desk environment
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktop related issues
- Awareness of Infrastructure and Applications issues
- Effective Communication skills
- Excellent Problem Solving
- Capable of working in a pressurised environment
- Flexible approach to work, have an ability to carry out, where necessary, other tasks essential to the smooth running of the department
- Experience of Microsoft Windows OS
- Experience of Active Directory
- Experience of Exchange
- Experience of MS Office
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a step into an IT Service Desk environment and upskill yourself throughout your contract. Contract is expected to run until end of March 2018. 35 hours per week in a city centre location, Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76732191