My client is a world leader in the area of remote vital signs monitoring. The company’s products are medical monitoring devices used in remote locations, including: Military, pre-hospital, aircraft, and other. This job, within the technical team, is an engineering role to assist the company in its development of new products as well as working to maintain the design of the existing product line
The role will include running hardware development projects involving both electronic and mechanical design. These will either be developing new or refining and enhancing features. The role will involve liaising with contractors working on design modules: writing design specifications, specifying components, evaluating designs, prototyping assemblies and prototype testing. The candidate will be responsible for liaising with suppliers to manage the build of prototypes and pre-production units and subsequently support moving the design outcome into internal and subcontractor production. As well as offering technical support to ongoing production activities and customer related issues.
- Engineering tasks required to progress the development of new products, in particular electronic and mechanical sub-system design and development, supplier liaison, testing, firmware development and testing, producing and managing specifications and other related documentation.
- Engineering tasks required to support and maintain the quality assurance within all product manufacturing.
- Preparation of new and updated engineering documents relating to all designs.
- To comply with the procedures established as part of the company’s quality management system, and to maintain appropriate records to demonstrate these procedures have been followed;
- To manage the technical relationships essential to successful commissioning and operation by customers of the company’s products.
- To ensure external subcontractors and others engaged to assist in the design/development process are managed to achieve effectively the tasks assigned to them, and where necessary comply with relevant requirements of the company’s quality system
- An Electronics degree from an accredited University.
- 5+ years’ experience in product development
- Strong working knowledge and experience of electronics and systems.
- Schematic and PCB CAD design experience/skills.
- Strong analytical, test and hardware debugging skills
- Demonstrable organizational and project management skills
- Experience developing products for large scale manufacture
- Experience with USB, Ethernet, and RS232 protocols.
- Experience with Medical device development
- Experience of working within an organization operating an engineering quality system and meeting regulatory requirements.
Successful applicants can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76707915