Nicholas Associates is currently working with a rapidly growing, specialist manufacturing business backed by a large corporate. We are seeking a highly experienced Financial Controller to join the business.
The role holder's primary responsibility is to manage the preparation of the management and financial accounts as well as the financial planning and analysis for the business including annual plan, 5 year plan, forecasting and ad hoc analysis as required. The role will also act as the deputy to the Finance Director and support leading project initiatives (e.g. implementation of new ERP system) as required.
- Manage the day to day accounting and reporting responsibilities of the function including financial accounting, management accounting
- Prepare PLC quality MI including board packs and commentary and Group Finance submissions meeting local and group deadlines
- Manage the transaction processing activities of the department (Accounts payable/Receivable) including interaction with group Shared Services.
- Build and maintain effective models for FP&A purposes that meet Group modelling standards
- Lead FP&A activities including:
- Establish of ongoing forecast system including tracking of progress against key financial milestones
- Lead annual and interim planning process/updates
- Model 5 year plan and business strategy
- Support pricing strategy
- Determine client, contract profitability etc
- Finance lead on ERP implementation including;
- Attend system selection meetings
- Project plan roll-out with system provider
- Set up appropriate master data, coding and processes
- Test system set up
- Train users
- Implement deployment
- Transition transaction processing activities form Group Shared Services to onsite
- Act as deputy to the Finance Director and attending management and board meetings as required.
- Manage staff (4)
- Establish and develop the financial processes, systems and controls
- Liaise with Group Finance functions including Tax, Treasury
- Assist the Head of Finance and other team members with ad-hoc work as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Manufacturing sector experience (preferred)
- Controllership experience
- Experience managing finance functions
- Strong FP&A, Reporting and MI experience
- Strong internal controls and process knowledge
- Experience of designing / improving systems / processes
- MRP / ERP system development / implementation
- Self starter
- Down to earth
- Good communication skills - able to operate across all levels from the shop floor to Business CEO
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Keen attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
An attractive package is on offer for the right candidate. Please apply in confidence.
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76708727