AV Systems Designer
AV Systems Designer - Corporate Sector
Salary: c35-45k basic (dependant on experience) + benefits.
Our client is looking for an experienced AV Systems Designer, ideally with experience in the corporate sector. As an AV Systems Designer, you are responsible for the support of the commercial team and work closely with them to deliver the projects from a technical perspective.
The AV Systems Designer provides technical support with regard to providing equipment specifications and illustrations as a solution that meets the design brief.
As a Designer, you can use your technical experience and overall product knowledge to provide qualified proposals and designs on a daily basis.
Your jobs role will focus on the following:-
- Produce system drawings from a client given brief (Using Microsoft Visio predominantly)
- Provide technical design support to internal colleagues and external customers
- Be able to read drawings and understand the intentions and systems functionality
- Work together with key personnel to provide a complete solution
- Identify and resolve technical queries and system design issues
- Understand competitor or existing systems designs and provide an alternative solution
- Illustrate and convey the design so that all levels of competence can understand the solution
- Identify areas where upselling is possible.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Understand AV & Control systems such as Crestron, AMX and Extron products and system architecture
- Have a good technical knowledge and experience of AV systems, signal and connector types, distance limitations, image resolutions etc
- AV Design or Engineer background preferred
- Familiarity of Computer Aided Design software such as Microsoft Visio and AutoCad
- Good presentation, graphic design and illustration skills
- Ability to assess and understand customer’s requirements
- Be computer literate with a good understanding of the most common software applications
- Able to work in a fast moving environment, under pressure to the timescales set out
- Good interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Responsible, team player
- Highly self-motivated
- Creative mind
If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please send me a copy of your up to date CV along with examples of related experience specific to this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76702187