Finance Manager - Temp to Perm
Exciting Luton based Finance Manager - Temp to Perm role giving full ownership to an experienced finance manager happy to over a sharp transactional finance team of 3 across AP, AR and Payroll. This temporary to permanent position offers Strong long term stability for the right individual with the desired month end management and financial accounting capability
My client are an national business with a foot[rint across numerous sectors linked to retail, wholesale and FMCG. With a group finance function this Finance Manager - Temp to Perm postilion will report into there is strong support for the right individual who enjoys having full ownership and autonomous working
Duties and Responsibilities Finance Manager - Temp to Perm;
- Full management of the Luton sites finance function, supervising a transactional finance team of 3
- Profit and Loss Accounting
- Produce weekly sales reports.
- Analyse changes in sales performance as required.
- Monthly Cost of Sales reconciliation with detailed investigation into nominal ledger variance accounts.
- Investigate and analyse changes in profit margin when required.
- Clear down variance accounts after each period end.
- Create and post nominal journals - e.g. accruals / prepayments / depreciation etc.
- Ad hoc investigations and reports into overhead expenditure.
- Provide detailed expense analyses for annual tax computation and complete year-end tax packs for submission to Tax Accountants.
- Produce ad hoc manual sales invoices if required.
- Detailed analysis of Other Income at year-end and ad hoc reports as required.
- Maintain fixed asset registers for trading companies.
- Post period journals for intercompany recharges and indebtedness.
- Monthly reconciliation of nominal ledger stock accounts to site summary stock movement's reports.
- Monthly report of total site stock by product category.
- Attend half yearly stocktake.
- Investigate stock discrepancies and post nominal ledger journals as required to correct.
- Detailed stock reports at year-end to show further analysis.
- Manage credit control function
- Reconcile debtor control account on a weekly basis.
- Monthly check of Bank reconciliation produced by Finance Manager including review of unpresented items.
- Period payroll creditor account reconciliations.
- Period reconciliation of all other nominal ledger creditor accounts.
- Experienced Accountant with experience overseeing a transactional finance team and producing full period end accounting
- Experience accounting for stock
- Ability to manage your own workload and others
- A team player
- Strong with excel an experience of using ERP Accounting packages
- experience working within the retail, wholesale and/or FMCG sector
Competitive package is on offer for the permanent role and the opportunity to take ownership of the sites finance function
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76701895