Group Finance Manager
Sellick Partnership are recruiting a qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic Group Finance Manager to join a large Public Sector organisation in the North West. The role is to support the financial management, financial planning, financial accounting and controls across the organisation.
Duties of the role include;
- Control and monitor the finances, ensuring compliance with Financial Regulations, the Funding Agreement
- Work with the CFO to maintain a strategic financial plan that will reflect the trends, requirements of the priorities and will forecast future year budgets
- Consult with the SMT and finance leads within hubs to prepare a realistic and balanced annual budget for approval
- Support budget holders with timely provision of accurate budget monitoring reports
- Ensure the effective implementation and operation of financial controls and policies
- In conjunction with the CFO, develop and implement robust financial systems and processes, including ongoing review and improvement
- Support finance leads and other finance staff in day to day financial processing and operation of the financial and accounting systems
- Prepare accurate and timely group management accounts, financial reports and forecasts including performance reviews
- Prepare the annual consolidated financial statements to comply with FRS102 reporting requirements and in relation to charitable organisations
- To manage the preparation and submission of a variety of external reports to meet sector reporting requirements including
- Annual consolidated budget forecast return
- Annual budget forecast return outturn
- Annual accounts return
- Annual land and buildings collection
- Prepare group cash-flow forecasts to ensure that the cash position is consistent with its obligations and future cash requirements
- Take a lead role in managing financial inspections by internal and external auditors and other bodies, taking action on any recommendations made
- To implement a consistent financial reporting structure across the organisation that will enable timely and accurate reporting of the Group's financial position and key financial indicators both at consolidated and at individual academy/business unit level to a variety of stakeholders.
- The candidate must hold a recognised CCAB qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA)
- Experience of managing within an operational and/or financial role at a senior level within the last 5 years
- Must be able to demonstrate competence within a professional highly regulated framework and delivery of results
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76695933