Michael Page are recruiting for a Compliance Analyst to cover a 12 month fixed term contract for their client based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
The client is a UK leading company that provide award winning services to their customer base. They are recruiting for a Compliance Analyst to cover a 12 month fixed term contract within their office based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
As a Compliance Analyst the duties will include:
- Understanding the broader company strategy and business plans for Risk & Compliance (R&C) Compliance function with particular focus on monitoring requirements for Compliance
- Liaising and assisting with the Group Internal Audit team in all matters pertaining to monitoring requirements for Compliance
- Participating in management meetings as and when required
- Escalating and reporting any concerns identified to your manager together with plans/mitigating activities and recommendations.
- Liaising with Stakeholders to ensure company compliance is maintained and developed
- Undertaking risk analysis and exception reporting to monitor activities across the group
- Assessing compliance to regulatory requirements and where necessary to escalate the findings to manager.
- Escalating any breaches in regulatory requirements
- Assisting with investigations
- Participating in business meetings as and when required
- Providing regular reports on activity and any regulatory issues which have been identified during the course of day to day activities
- Producing management information for inclusion into the monthly report
- Supporting awareness across the Group of the roles and responsibilities of the Compliance Function and specifically to support the business's strategy for Regulatory Risk
- Being aware of changing legislation, regulation and Group policy relating to Regulatory Risk for the UK, Jersey and Ireland
- Maintaining knowledge on industry events, regulatory matters, company policies and procedures as appropriate
- Providing activity reporting that proactively meets internal and external customer needs
- Minimising needs for adhoc reporting thereby keeping resource requirements efficient
- Ensuring high standards of documentation quality
The successful candidate will:
- Have more than 3 years experience in a Regulatory or Compliance role
- Have great awareness off current financial legislation
- Have a knowledge of relevant regulations
- Have effective communication skills
- Have great organisational skills
- Have great attention to detail
- have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive Salary
- Great City Centre location
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76696538