ScS have a rare opportunity for a Senior Auditor to join our Head Office team in Sunderland. The successful candidate will be delivering improvements in corporate, financial and operational control as well as driving efficiencies throughout the business through comprehensive audit review, observation and collaboration with management. You will be assisting the business in the effective implementation and maintenance of robust risk management systems.
Your conduct of work will be in line with the recognised professional standards of behaviour (Institute of Internal Auditors) which will include:
- An honest and objective assessment
- The avoidance of involvement, which could rise to a conflict of interest or impact the auditor's independence
- Competence and diligence, commitment to professional development and training
- Maintenance of confidentiality
Scope of work:
- Conducting both Corporate Financial and operational control and compliance audits
- Conducting contractual and other Head Office corporate reviews to comply with relevant Corporate Governance regulations and identify efficiency savings.
- Conducting risk management assessments to ensure audits focus on areas of high risk and sensitivity.
- Contribute to the successful embedding of risk management processes
- Continue personal development and training to ensure conforming to recognised professional standards.
- Supervision of Internal Auditors as appropriate
- Ad-hoc work in response to business needs
- Conducting audits in accordance with agreed scopes, audit programmes and timetables.
- Ensure the preparation of clear and concise working papers and compilation of adequate supporting documentation
- Ensure close and effective communications are developed and maintained with senior management throughout the end to end audit process.
- Writing clear, concise and focused audit reports detailing control weaknesses in compliance and control.
- Recommending and agreeing pragmatic solutions and realistic achievement targets for management review.
- Follow up on issued audit reports to ensure management have responded in appropriate and timely fashion to agreed audit recommendations.
- Ensure all audit work undertaken is recorded within internal database for KPI reporting and follow up.
- Build close and effective relationships with all staff and management.
- Contribute to the development of the Internal Audit function
Your Attributes and Experience:
- Experience of working in Internal Audit Management or similar role.
- Appreciation of good process, experienced in corporate audit, financial and operational review.
- IT literate and have computer systems controls and able to collect, analyse and evaluate data proficiently.
- Be commercially aware.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to all levels of the business and across all functions.
- Be adaptable and flexible.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to motivate others.
- Have persistence in ensuring audits and tasks are completed.
- Qualified Auditor / Accountant or studying towards qualification.
- Experience within other areas of business control - Loss Prevention, Health and Safety, Compliance, Financial control, Financial reporting.
- Experience working within a retail audit role / retail environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76678387