Deputy Nursery Manager
DEPUTY NURSERY MANAGER Star Kids Day Nursery, Pre-school and Out of School Club is an independent day nursery, pre-school and out of school club, registered with OFSTED and run from a central Dartford location. We provide high quality childcare before and after school and during all school holidays including inset days, for children aged four to eleven years and we provide a safe, secure, welcoming and happy environment for the children.
- To deputise for the Manager
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager.
- To give support to other personnel within the Day Nursery.
- Overall management responsibility for the Day Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist the Manager in providing effective day to day management of the Nursery.
- Assist the Manager in planning the training strategy for students
- To be responsible for the supervision of students, identifying their learning needs and advise key-staff of these.
- In conjunction with the Manager, to formulate, operate and evaluate a yearly programme of activities, following the guidelines of the National Curriculum, that is suitable to the age range of children.
- To assist the Manager in promoting Equal Opportunities throughout the Day Nursery.
- To work alongside the parents/carers of special needs children to achieve full integration within the Nursery.
- Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual and developmental needs of children with special needs and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
- Liase with and support parents/carers and other family members.
- Liase with the Local authority and other professionals associated with the Nursery.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and training sessions outside working hours.
- Undertake certain domestic duties within the Nursery, i.e, preparation of snacks, cleansing of equipment.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the Nursery is fulfilled.
- Undertake other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Manager.
- 2 years post qualifying experience in a Day Care Setting
- Experience in a Senior Position
- Experience of working with children aged 0 - 5 years
Education / Training Qualifications
Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification
- Other acceptable qualifications
- A recent First Aid qualification
- Basic Food and Hygiene Certificate
- Knowledge of The Children Act
- Knowledge of the Foundation Stage
- Knowledge of Birth to Three Matters
- Knowledge of OFSTED Standards
- The ability to demonstrate an up to date knowledge of current thinking and development in early years
- Awareness of planning/record keeping and Key Worker systems
- Awareness of Health and Safety and Risk Assessments
Skills and Abilities
- An in depth understanding of Equal Opportunities
- Ability to communicate confidently with a wide range of people
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work and delegate appropriately
- To be able to feedback information in the form of written reports
- To support the Nursery Manager and Staff Team
- To be able to manage the nursery in the absence of the Nursery Manager
- To be able to promote the nursery in a positive and professional manner
- An understanding of children's needs and behaviour
- The ability to set appropriate limits for children