Post: Nursery Manager
Contract: Full time permanent
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic nursery manager, as we continue to improve upon our recent Ofsted inspection rated ‘Good’ June 2017.
Promises is a 40 place day nursery with the addition of an out-of-school provision for primary aged children, operating within an attractive, modern, purpose built family centre, ,with excellent facilities both indoors and outdoors. Enrolling children from 3months – 5 years.
Our aim is to provide families with the best of early years’ child care, gently shaped by Christian values.
Manager’s role will include:
- Daily management of the nursery
- Ensuring all local authority and Ofsted requirements are met.
- Monitoring and implementation of high quality provision according to EYFS
- Creating a high performing team through strong visible leadership, performance management, targets and appraisals
- Training and development of staff team
- Liaising closely with parents to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Marketing and promoting the nursery to prospective families.
- Ensuring that occupancy levels and costings are balanced and managed effectively.
- Minimum NVQ level 3 in Early Years’ Education or equivalent.
- Previous management experience in a nursery setting (minimum of two years).
- Undertaken and completed an Ofsted inspection within your management role achieving ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ rating
- Excellent communication, language and ICT skills.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Organizational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Ofsted standards and EYFS requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Trained in Paediatric First Aid and Safeguarding
- Strong determination and will to raise standards
- Clean driving licence.
- Is a person who is sympathetic towards and supportive of the nursery’s Christian ethos and values.
What we offer Salary and benefits
- Salary £26,000 – £28,00 depending on experience and qualifications
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays.
- Encouragement and support from Directors to improve practice and strive for excellence.
If you are interested in this position and wish to request an application form please contact:
Steph Dunkley at HR@valleycids.co.uk