DevOps Automation Engineer
DevOps Automation Engineer, London, £75,000 - £80,000
A London based consultancy is seeking an experienced DevOps Automation Engineer with a strong background in working with Agile Software Development. This is a leading role for a technical subject matter expert with history of hands-on practical deployment and configuration experience. You will participate in transformation initiatives that help the customer change the way they deliver value to their business.
- Hands-on DevOps experience in enterprise organisations working with Agile Software development, infrastructure and operations teams
- Good understanding of various Software Delivery Life Cycle principles and be able to pre-empt and evolve dependencies along a delivery pipeline (from 'requirements' through to 'defects')
- Proven track record of low level design and implementation (including scalability, performance, availability, reliability and security) in the following technology areas: Automated testing practices and principles. - Automation and Configuration management - Public cloud
- Extensive working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins / TeamCity / Bamboo or equivalent.
- Proficient and competent skills with code/scripting, e.g. Bash, Python, PowerShell, Node.js
- Extensive experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Good understanding of Micro-Services, SOA principles and surrounding technologies (such as containers; especially Docker)
- Good understanding of various IaaS platforms including Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V, Openstack etc)
- Public Cloud technology stacks (AWS, Azure, and GCE etc).
- Good working knowledge of software build tools (Maven, MSBuild), artefact repository managers (Nexus, Artifactory) as well as packaging tools (RPMs, MSI).
- Good working knowledge of software versioning tools including GIT, Subversion Familiarity and appreciation of JIRA and Confluence and other productivity tools (Slack, Trello etc) or equivalent.
- Multi Operating System knowledge: Windows, Linux OS services
- Good networking, TCP/IP knowledge and security awareness
- Understanding of application deployment and release management best practices
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76757591