- Ealing SEN School
- Secondary SEN Teacher - PMLD Class
- Immediate Start
- Permanent Job
- Excellent Rates of Pay
- Friendly Supportive School
- Outstanding Ofsted report
- Good transport links/parking
- Interviewing ASAP
I am currently looking for a teacher who is experienced working with students with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) to join a top SEN school in Ealing. The school is seeking to appoint a quality practitioner to join their team as soon as possible on a permanent contract. Ideally they would like to appoint someone who has experience delivering a sensory curriculum
The school is an outstanding special school that is part of one of the most successful, forward thinking and effective SEN Federations in the UK. The school itself is for pupils aged 11-16 years, who experience profound and multiple learning difficulties.Your main duties would include:
- Inspiring and engaging and developing the sensory engagement earning and social skills of children with moderate learning difficulties.
- Raising academic attainment
- Delivering a mixed Maths and Science teaching timetable
- Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSAs in class
- Assessing and reporting on individual pupils progress.
- Liaising with your head of department to ensure that all mid and long term targets and tracking data are accurate.
* QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
* To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
* The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
* PECs or Makaton trained is desirable* Experience is desirable
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76757386