Principal Transport Planner
Principal Transport Planner Permanent North East
Your new company
The purpose of these roles is to act as a senior figure within the transport planning team and to support the Transport Planning Team Leader by providing the technical lead for a variety of transportation planning projects. In addition the role will involve some responsibilities for business development / winning work and project. The position will be within the Design Consultancy team of Engineering Services - this is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and suitably qualified professional to provide a key role in the development of our successful Transport Planning Team through maximising the opportunities of the Partnership, frameworks and develop our existing Client base. We are seeking to fill two Principal Transport Planning posts and would expect the two successful candidates to have different, but complementary range of key transport planning technical experience. This is to ensure the team has a full range of transport planning skills at a senior level and enable us to effectively compete in both public and private sector markets
Your new role
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of current Transport Planning and Modelling techniques and practices.
- Manage Transport Planning projects
- Provide the technical lead on a transportation projects and / or provide the technical transport planning lead for wider multi-disciplinary projects.
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate junior members of staff within the Transport Planning Team to achieve high levels of performance;
- Develop links with other areas of the business to maximise Transport Planning opportunities.
- Ensure that financial outcomes are achieved or exceeded for those projects under the management of the Principal Transport Planner through sound business and financial management.
- Take a proactive approach to the reporting and mitigation of matters which present a risk to the successful delivery of Transport Planning Projects.
- Be proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project).
- Play a lead role on Transport Planning business development activities in the Region and support the Transport Planning Team Leader and the Design Business Manager in strategic development opportunities.
- Deputise for the Transport Planning Team Leader when required
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive Saturn experience
- Economic appraisals of transport schemes.
- Familiar with Business Development activity (putting methodologies in place to support bids).
- Any private/public sector work they can bring with them would be advantageous.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76746912