Corporate Solicitor (3 YRS PQE )
Corporate Solicitor, Belfast
Your new company
One of the largest, fully-integrated law firms in the world are now recruiting a Corporate Solicitor to join their in demand Belfast office. With more than 20 offices across the globe in fast-growing markets like China, Indonesia and Russia and established centres like the UK, Europe, the US and Australia, you will be offered the international opportunities that only a leading global practice can provide.
Your new role
- Conducts fee-earning work.
- Escalates project-specific issues appropriately to the Managers, Legal.
- Supports with pricing at the outset of a matter and then assists in managing costs and billing throughout, under the supervision of the Managers, Legal.
- Supports with the development of workflow for specific projects, including drafting relevant sections of the case manual and supporting our instructing teams generally with the drafting of project instructions.
- Assists the Managers, Legal as required by the Head of Practice Groups, and the Deputy Head of Practice Groups, in drafting, updating and revising all of our internal processes relating to legal practice (in the practice area relevant to the candidate's expertise), including making recommendations for improvements in the quality of service delivery.
- Assists the Managers, Legal in the drafting and preparation of case-related communications with clients and required reporting throughout a project. In particular, assists the Managers, Legal by preparing the first draft of weekly or interim reports. Good drafting skills will therefore be essential.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law to the local office's practice generally, and as an 'expert' in relation to specialist areas of practice.
- Assists with written material or cost models for pitches and marketing initiatives if required.
- Assists with bespoke projects as and when required, for example drafting internal and external communications to promote the local office's practice.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales or Northern Ireland, but other common jurisdictions will be considered.
You will need to have 3+ years PQE within a corporate team.
You will be faced with demanding and intellectually stimulating work that will require more than just technical ability.
You will need to have a sense of the bigger picture, the ability to cut to the heart of the matter and a gift for developing exceptional working relationships.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Pension Life assurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Dental insurance
- Cycle to work
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail vouchers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76746740