Transport Compliance Administrator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be accountable for maintaining a high standard of vehicle compliance, presentation, security and cleanliness.
- Contribute to the implementation and delivery of the overall operational strategy.
- Manage the day to day transport operation in a cost effective manner making alterations to the daily plans in line with changing demands.
- Provide effective management of resources to maximise utilisation of vehicles.
- Dealing with complaints.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to risk management and adherence to health and safety regulations.
- Accident and incident management and reporting, including thorough investigation.
- Provide effective communication at all levels and across all functions.
- Manage individual’s performance and attendance.
- Recruit, train, motivate and mentor transport team in order to provide a flexible team who constantly achieve departmental KPI’s.
- Manage and supply Drivers performance
- Be involved in disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Responsible for highlighting to your Manager any potential quality issues, including hygiene, security and damage issues and resolving them effectively.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES
- Previous first line management experience.
- PC Literate, Excel essential.
- Previous Transport Management System experience.
- Knowledge of transport operations.
- Up to date knowledge of commercial vehicle related legislation.
- Enthusiastic and motivated and able to work of own initiative
** Strong Excel knowledge & experience required **
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76743438