Science (Chemistry) Teacher | West London | Immediate Start | MPS
Secondary Teacher job, Hounslow, London
Science (Chemistry) secondary Job, Hounslow, West London
Start Date: Immediate Start
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Are you a newly qualified or experienced Science Teacher looking to join an 'outstanding' school where you have plenty of opportunity for progression and a lot of support?
Would you like to be part of a school with a purposeful working environment?
If so, this is the job for you.
Your new school
Located in the London Borough of Hounslow this is a mixed diverse secondary school with good facilities and resources. The Science department is currently attaining 85% for A* to C grades. Most pupils behave maturely and relate well with staff and other pupils so are extremely receptive to inspiring lessons. Subsequently, with this being one of the glowing things outlined during their most recent Ofsted inspection the SLT have clear plans to maintain their outstanding rating. There is a mixture of experience levels within the team and real togetherness thus meaning NQTs are well supported
Your new role
The school is looking for someone who is able to motivate low ability students as well as stretch the high achievers to ensure they maximise their potential by using a range of different learning resources and equipment,. Additionally, you would need to be able manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour. For the right candidate responsibilities will be given such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
What you need to succeed:
* PGCE/ QTS in education (or equivalent) and experience teaching secondary students
* Ability to teach Chemistry up to and including Key Stage 5.
* Previous experience working in a secondary school environment
* Strong Classroom Management and Behavioural Skills
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
* Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. Nevertheless, if unfortunately this job isn't quite for you but you are looking for a job in teaching, contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76751500