Graduate Software Engineers / Junior Developers
Graduate Software Engineer / Junior Developer
Role & Responsibilities:
We're looking for a Graduate Software Engineer to join a talented engineering team and as a Graduate Software Engineer you will be part of a team where you will design, develop and deliver software tools for testing consumer electronic devices (often TVs). You'll have the opportunity to be part of every aspect of this work and you will take part in planning the project, daily stand-up meetings and sprint-retrospectives.
Our client also deliver their customers own projects and this role could involve occasional travel. For example: to attend customer sites, our other labs in Europe and even to work within a customer's own team at their premises for an extended period, if you are happy to do so. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a professional way with customers and is outgoing with others.
- Design, build and test our testing applications and frameworks.
- Develop work breakdown structures and corresponding estimates.
- Analyse complex technical standards to determine testing requirements and approach.
- Contribute new ideas and improvements to the engineering team and the wider organisation (we set aside roughly one day a month for engineers to work on their own ideas).
- Report progress and status, and escalate issues to project managers.
- Provide technical support to both colleagues and customers.
You will need to demonstrate flexibility in approach and be willing to assist with all aspects of our work.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Recent graduate with upper second-class degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or another technical or scientific subject, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communicator: you are equally adept at sketching a design out on a whiteboard as you are writing the technical summary of a bug fix.
- Can demonstrate an eye for detail and are diligent. You are comfortable investigating deeply technical issues and summarising the findings to present to stakeholders.
- Experience working in a team to deadlines.
- The ability to work without restriction in the UK and a current passport are required.
Our client are based in Bristol City Centre within close proximity to Temple Station and to Cabot Circus shops, Bars and Restaurants. It's an exciting time to join as our client are in the process of refurbishing their offices to create a unique space for their employees to work in alongside a social space and they believe in a good work life balance, which is why they work hard, but also make time for fun. They have dedicated social team, who organise events and activities throughout the year; go-karting, climbing, board-games nights are just some examples. They also have table football, computer games, chess, regular company-wide lunches and fortnightly technical talks on a range of topics.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76749660