Client Manager - Leading Regional Practice - Direct Route To Partnership
Are you ready to take the next step in your career at one of the region’s leading firm?
We are currently working with an established accountancy practice to recruit a qualified Senior Accountant who is looking to step up into a managerial role. You will be given to opportunity to influence strategy and build a rewarding career with a successful, growing firm.
If you have a strong background in Accounts and are looking to step into a managerial role then our client can offer you a place in their ambitious and pro-active Accounts team in Bury St. Edmunds as a General Practice Manager.
Accounting and Tax
- Manage portfolio of clients including corporate and personal tax returns and special services.
- Projections and forecasting.
- Review and produce VAT returns, providing in-depth knowledge and advice to clients.
- Management of budgets and compliance processes.
- Utilise a variety of paperless software applications.
- Preparation of budgets for accounts work.
- Raising bills.
- Liaising with clients for debt recovery as required.
Client Management and Business Development
- Manage client relationships and identify opportunities for additional services.
- Raising the profile of the business.
- Interacting with clients, displaying an accurate, confident and reliable accounting knowledge.
- Gain an understanding of the company by actively engaging with senior staff and partners.
- Gain an understanding and assist with the marketing activities of the business.
- Attend networking activities.
- Mentor, supervise and coach junior staff assigned.
- Review work of junior staff, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards.
- Participate in professional development activities, recruiting/developing staff and resource planning.
- Offer advice and guidance to new businesses.
- Bank introductions.
- All new business registration compliance.
- VAT registration.
- Assist with the creation and development of business plans.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or able to demonstrate relevant experience
- Experience in a client facing role
- Proven accounts and tax experience (ideally within practice)
- Ability to interact effectively with all colleagues across the group and wider business
- Understanding of how to use accounting software; Iris, Xero and Sage (however training will be given)
If this role is of interest or you would like to know more, please either apply direct or contact Max Evans at AJ Chambers.