Working on an exclusive basis Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Financial Controller for a profitable division of a truly global manufacturing business who are a market leader in its industry.
Based in Greater Manchester/Lancashire this is a broad and all-encompassing role which exposes you to a wide variety of stakeholders in the business and will play a major part in the company's senior management team.
Reporting into the MD and Group Financial Controller, the post holder will be accountable to produce all the Financial and Management Accounts, manage a small Finance team over two sites and work closely with the business divisions in providing genuine commercial insight and analytical support.
You will have great exposure to the business, working closely with the non-finance teams and aiding them in making sound conclusions following your analysis to ensure that they maximise the performance and drive initiatives for profitable growth.
A full job specification is available on request but below is a brief overview of general duties:-
- Ensure monthly financial reporting is done to Group in an accurate and timely matter
- Ensure Annual Statutory reporting is done in an accurate and timely manner
- Reconcile and sign off balance sheet
- Set quarterly targets for financial performance
- Analyse company performance against agreed targets
- Improve Product Costing and deliver clear advice to management
- Prepare company statutory documentation
- Prepare and maintain necessary board resolutions
- Ensure articles of association are correct, maintained and updated when necessary
- Implementing compliance rules to ensure risk is identified and managed
- Controlling risk by examining information about potential compliance infringements
- Reporting Compliance matter to group as required
- Reporting Compliance status at board meetings
- Manage Finance Team Leader and oversee supervision of all finance team members
- Ensure all Human Resource topics are covered i.e. Management Review
- Business partnering and active member in the local Management Team
You will work closely with the operational managers to improve profitability by identifying, and tackling inefficiencies. This person will be a key part of the team and will be involved with helping in the decision making so will need a proactive rather than a reactive individual.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or possibly a QBE with experience in a similar role within a manufacturing business. You will need to provide examples of your experience of manufacturing accounting, product costing and/or commercial roles. The role literally sits amongst operations so there is a very strong commercial bias to what we need.
Therefore, the ideal candidate should be commercial astute, and able to identify key trends, risks and opportunities within the business. A proven track record of driving improvements and cost savings in production is essential. Experience of producing management and financial accounts (budgets, forecasts, revenues) and have the ability to work under your own initiative and also operate as part of a wider team.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action. You must have strong analytical skills, be organised and able to present conclusions to support decision-making.
If you consider yourself to be a proactive rather than reactive individual, committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76750866