Head of Accounts/Head of Service Charge Accounts
OUR CLIENT: A dynamic and rapidly expanding Block Management company have a requirement for a Head of Accounts/Head of Service Charge Accounts to join their team. The organisation specialise in the management of a residential block portfolio that is continuously expanding.
The Role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Leading, managing and training a team of 12 accounting staff.
- Responsible for the preparing Service Charge Accounts up to Trial Balance level and liaising with auditors to get the year-end accounts prepared.
- Reviewing and preparing year end service charge reconciliation's, including analysis of expenditure, processing journals, accruals and balancing charges, and preparation of tenant certificates.
- Responsible for all accounting matters on a portfolio of clients, and direct client accounting responsibility for assigned clients/properties.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate client accounting is reviewed including; rent, service and insurance charges to tenants, management of rent deposits, transfer of income to clients and client reporting.
- Reviewing and signing-off on client accounting reports.
- Preparing, completing and reviewing bank reconciliations, including clearance of reconciling items.
- Updating the Property Management database with Lease Maintenance data.
- Recording service charge budgets within the Property Management database.
- Ensuring all service charges are closed within 3 months of year-end or within contractually agreed deadlines.
- Carrying out weekly reviews of service charge year end reconciliation progress for the team.
- Monitoring the team's bank reconciliations.
- Monitoring team's supplier invoice approval and review of insufficient funds report.
- Responsible for accurate and complete transition in and transition out of all properties and clients within their team.
- Assisting in the production of internal KPI reports.
- Liaising with relevant surveyors, acting on and providing information as required.
- Attending meetings with clients, and working with clients to understand their needs, interpreting their requirements and responding as appropriate.
- Actively looking to improve processes and increasing efficiencies across the accounting function.
- Travelling to South Africa 2-4 times a year.
The Person: To apply, you MUST have experience of management an accounting team and producing full sets of Service Charge Accounts at Year-end. Also to apply, candidates should have a proven background in Property Accounting, possess excellent communication skills and have a 'hands on' approach. It is also envisaged that the successful incumbent will have above average property systems knowledge (ECS / Qube, TBS Tramps, APB, Yardi, etc.).
Please only apply if you are happy to travel to South Africa 2-4 times a year.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76749046