Senior IT Technician
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the Systems Manager to maintain an efficient and reliable ICT platform, meeting the needs of students and staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS
- Deployment, configuration and testing of ICT systems, equipment, network devices, peripherals, software, etc. with consideration for performance and efficiency at the direction of the Systems Manager.
- To manage or assist the Systems Manager in project development and deployment.
- To monitor the availability and performance of core network infrastructure.
- To monitor the availability and performance of primary server systems.
- To monitor system redundancy and disaster contingency systems, inclusive of backup schedule.
- To support the Systems Manager in deployment and maintenance of core infrastructure.
- Provide out of hours on-call support for key services on a rota basis.
- To co-ordinate and provide prioritised advanced technical support and advice as required across the Trust.
- To ensure availability of key systems and services with minimal downtime.
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly, sometimes outside of normal core hours, in response to service demands as agreed with the Computer Systems Manager.
- To support the Trust in safeguarding and protecting the welfare of all students.
- To comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health and safety, equality and diversity, confidentiality and data protection, reporting concerns to an appropriate person.
- To maintain and develop own professional knowledge and awareness.
- To undertake any other such duties or general tasks and hours of work as may reasonably be required and any other responsibilities, which may from time to time, be delegated by your manager.
A job description is not a rigid or inflexible document but acts to provide guidelines to the duties expected while in the post. This job description will be reviewed and amended in the light of changing professional demands.
- Experienced but not necessarily certified to a MCP standard.
- Willing to undertake IT based training to meet the needs of the organization.
Skills and Knowledge
- Server 2012/2008 R2 deployment and maintaining.
- Windows 7 Professional.
- Active Directory administration.
- Exchange 2007/2010 administration.
- Hyper-V administration and monitoring.
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- Understanding of backup and recovery procedures
- At least 2 years experience in ICT related work.
- Full familiarity with Microsoft core infrastructure.
- Building, repairing, upgrading and maintaining server, desktop and laptop platforms.
- Imaging/cloning technologies.
- Diagnosis of network related issues
- Installation, diagnosis and maintenance of PC attached peripherals, printers, scanners.
- A commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students
- An intelligent self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative to diagnose and solve problems.
- A fast learner with the ability to be able to pick up new skills quickly
- Enthusiasm for IT.
- Flexible to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively pass on knowledge to other people be it junior IT personnel or general users.
- Commitment to continual personal development - keeping apprised of changes in technology.
Able to cope with the physical demands of the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76756695