Financial Controller - Bridgwater - £35k - £45k
Clemence Rogers are currently recruiting a Qualified Financial Controller to be based in Bridgwater, Somerset
* To proactively direct and manage the finance and accounting function within the Companies in accordance with financial management requirements of the Group and in accordance with normally accepted practice.
* To develop and maintain all appropriate financial systems and procedures to ensure that all legal, customer and supplier, and internal (companies and Group) financial information needs are efficiently and effectively met.
* To prepare financial budgets in accordance with Group guidelines to allow the business objectives of the Companies to be delivered. Provide regular reports in order to monitor progress against the Key Performance Indicators within the business plans including technical analysis such as variances.
* To manage the production of monthly management and financial accounts, including all associated administration. This will involve securing complete financial records, all accounting entries, and supervising journal and ledger maintenance.
* To provide financial reports based on the management accounts to the Management team, and to attend at monthly management meetings, providing input to the strategic direction of the Companies.
* To manage and monitoring the cashflow in the business including management of the credit control function, and fulfilling group-reporting requirements.
* Management of the annual external audit process ensuring compliance with the relevant statutory obligations and internal Group reporting deadlines.
* Monitoring and review of current accounting systems in order to recommend and introduce improved methods of working. This will also include regular reviews of the information technology systems ensuring data integrity, data security, and data backup.
* To manage the accounting support staff, including daily supervision of working practices. Also responsible for all personnel administration and reporting in conjunction with the HR Coordinator.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as necessitated by your function.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Will demonstrate strong commitment to the role and the organisation.
* Confident to use initiative, solve problems, and report accordingly to the management team.
* Computer literate especially in accounting packages and Excel.
* Can demonstrate a strong sense of leadership within the finance department.
* Flexible in regard to the needs of the business as the business grows throughout the designated areas of operation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76751577