A Secondary Special School in Wythenshawe, Manchester, wish to appoint a committed Catering Teacher for the remainder of the academic year. The role has the potential of turning permanent for the right candidate. The school has been graded 'good' by OFSTED. This job is a full time role 5 days a week. The role is to work with the 14 to 16 age group. The school are a Key Stage 4 secondary special school for children with social emotional mental health (SEMH) An understanding of emotional and behavioural difficulties and mental health is required and a commitment to furthering the learning and development of these pupils is essential.
Your new role
Our client is seeking a qualified teacher to work delivering catering at a BTEC level. The role will require you to lead catering in the school with the support of a class TA. This position would be of particular interest if you have experience of working with challenging students in a small group environment. Experience of working with students who have been excluded from mainstream on the basis of emotional and behavioural difficulties would be an advantage but not a necessity. It is equally important to have the right personality to be able to build a strong working relationship with students and staff alike. This role is very much a team role where there is a supportive and experienced management team.
What you'll need to succeed
* Management of learning environment including support staff and resources
* Planning work relevant to student needs and differentiating to maximise student abilities
* Teaching vocational / subject specific Hospitality and Catering curriculum including embedded functional skills
* Delivery of accreditation where appropriate
* Facilitating work experience sessions
* Provision and promotion of relevant IAG for student / trainee groups
* Baseline and ongoing assessment of students and trainees
* Timely administration work relating to teaching e.g. assessment reports, learning plans, progress reporting
* Development / use of appropriate and stimulating teaching resources including ILT
* Contribution to quality assurance of all aspects of Programme Area including involvement in Self -Assessment, Quality Improvement and compliance audits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76749422