Software Developer (Advanced Apprenticeship) Fujitsu
Commence your career as a Software Developer with Fujitsu, the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services globally across more than 100 countries
YouTrain are delighted to be supporting Fujitsu with their recruitment of Software Developer Apprentices to join their VME Support and DevelopmentTeam based within their Manchester office.
The successful candidates will study towards a Level 3 Advanced Software Development Technician Apprenticeship supported by one of YouTrain’s highly skilled Training Consultants whilst working and will also gain excellent engineering skills from very experienced software engineers.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To gain a knowledge of the Middleware products and VME environments
- To develop programming skills (primarily in COBOL, SCL and S3 and/or .Net)
- To assist in current projects by validating functionality, which will also provide the opportunity to grow knowledge of the Middleware products and how we test them.
- To play a role in maintaining and updating internal and customer documentation.
- Familiarisation of the department’s processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of the tools used to develop, test and support Middleware software.
- Software development knowledge, including testing skills.
- Problem diagnosis and resolution skills.
- Plan, schedule and monitor own work to ensure tasks are approached in a well-organised methodical way.
You will have a minimum of 3 A levels and be able to demonstrate a passion and knowledge within the Software Development Environment with some experience of programming whether self-taught, or from education. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills as well as a commitment and drive to ongoing learning. You will be analytical minded and have the ability and patience to problem solve.
On completion of the Apprenticeship you will become part of the VME Middleware Development Team and will work towards taking ownership/responsibility for developments in specialised area in the middleware product set. Also developing a broad knowledge of the other VME offerings. You will be given the opportunity to develop your career and achieve promotions.
If you are this person then we want to hear from you
An opportunity not to be missed!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76753067