Finance & Compliance Officer
Morgan Hunt with a local authority in Essex to appoint a Finance & Compliance Officer on an interim basis. The purpose of the role is to drive and implement change within the organisation whilst the longer term strategy is decided.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Evaluate current financial procedures and business processes and develop and implement new ways of working to improve the effective and efficient financial management and operation of the service
- Support the implementation of a new electronic housing management system and ensure it meets the requirements of all financial aspects of the service
- Implement robust financial and budget management systems, including rent accounts, in collaboration with the Council's finance team to ensure fulfilment of corporate requirements
- Implement effective procurement and contract management and monitoring procedures
- Establish good governance and ensure that the Service complies with all relevant legislative and statutory requirements in relation to its property leasing, contracting and management arrangements
- Develop and implement a risk management framework
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of legislation, statutory requirements and good practice in relation to housing and homelessness services, in particular
- Experience of working within a Local Authority housing service
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing financial and budget management systems, processes, procedures and reporting to ensure maximum accuracy and collection and recovery
- Understanding and experience of some corporate support services, such as procurement, data protection, audit, risk management and contract management
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral; with ability to influence and work in partnership with others to achieve positive outcomes
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply below. For a confidential discussion on this role, please call 020 7419 8909.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76754832