SAP Supply Chain Solutions Architect
SAP supply chain architect job application solutions architect job
Your new company
My client advises customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf.
Your new role
The Head of IS Major Projects - GCO is responsible for the vision, analysis and delivery of major IT application-based projects for Product Supply (Order to Cash and Procure to Pay) business. The role covers Strategy and Architecture, Business Analysis, and Programme and Project Management, as well as Relationship Management with senior stakeholders to CxO level.
Project Delivery (70%) Provide vision, direction and ownership for major projects requirements initiated within the business, particularly projects in the product sales, purchasing and logistics functions.
Strategy and Architecture
- Design innovative IS solutions to business requirements, delivered through bespoke enhancements, development, configuration and integration of existing applications, and the procurement of new commercial packages
- Act as an adviser on technologies that optimise business's efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure that solutions align with the company's strategic direction and with industry best practice
- Working directly and through team members, identify business problems and needs; elicit, document, and manage project/program stakeholders' requirements; identify and recommend solutions; and guide the successful implementation of projects to meet those needs
- Hands on management and delivery of the full lifecycle of these projects from initial scope and requirements through to testing and implementation
- Provide leadership to virtual teams across both Group IS and other business units, including business analysts, project managers, test leads and other project team members
- Recruit and manage contract and permanent staff as required
Strategy and Relationship Management (20%)
- Work with key business executives, the Group IS (GIS) executive, and other key stakeholders, to formulate, prioritise and plan significant IT application solutions in the product supply area
- For these business units, act as a key business relationship manager in GIS, being instrumental in the prioritisation and progress reporting of key application projects
- Work closely with the service owners responsible for the BAU 'Service Excellence' on these applications, including their enhancement programmes
- Host and present IS strategy and project briefings to a variety of audiences including CC executives, business unit managers and external customers as required
General management (10%)
- Participate as required in wider GIS projects and initiatives, as part of the GIS Senior Management Team. Actively propose and implement internal process improvements across GIS.
- The role does not carry significant line management responsibilities, but the jobholder will be forming and managing virtual teams to deliver their projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- A Solution Architect, Designer and Visionary with demonstrable experience in delivering innovative major IS supply chain systems, especially in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills, with demonstrable experience of business analysis, system architectures and design - in both hands-on roles and in guiding and directing teams
- Strong programme and project leadership and team building skills, confident working under significant pressure when addressing problems and issues that typically have material impact
- Substantial experience in a Line of Business function (outside IS) and/or as a consultant for a major consultancy
- Broad IS experience with a good understanding of business systems, integrated applications and technologies across organisations, and how those technical platforms underpin business activities
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, able to collaborate at executive and board level within and outside the organisation, explaining technology in a non-technical way
- Comfortable operating at both the strategic and at the detailed level
- Significant experience of managing third party suppliers, with developed vendor selection, negotiation, management and contractual relationship skills
- Experience of SAP ECC 6 (SD/MM/WM) and of working with a range of other proprietary and custom built applications
What you'll get in return
You'll find plenty of variety, opportunities for personal development, career progression, and a constant stream of new challenges. All in a dynamic, action-orientated and supportive environment where business leaders are accessible.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76744142