IT Security Analyst
The IT Security Analyst is a hands-on role and will ensure a stable and secure IT systems and Infrastructure by protecting the Business, Data, Applications, and Technology from security threats.
As a member of the IT Security team, assess and manage the potential business impact and likelihood of technical threats and risks to the organisation's IT Systems and infrastructure before those events occur.
* Planning and implementing IT security measures as directed by the Technology and Security Architect
* Leading the support of security deployed technologies, including security threat intelligence and prevention, network and cloud security, security vulnerability testing, data loss prevention, anti-virus management, advanced persistent threats and forensic analysis
* Provide security awareness training for users on best practice with IT security
* Provide security advice to projects and technical leadership for security technologies deployed across the business.
* Keeping up to date with Cyber Security threats and outbreaks
* Evaluating and assisting with the implementation of existing and new security technology solutions
* Assist with the management of IT related risk and communicating recommended mitigation strategies to stakeholders.
* Working with the incident response team to work on the resolution of information security incidents
* To provide input in to the development of security processes, procedures, and policies
* Proven knowledge of information security management principles, processes and technologies including network architecture, security incident management, risk management, security penetration testing, data encryption, anti-virus, data loss prevention, ethical hacking, threat intelligence and security awareness education
* Good understanding of IT technologies and how to protect these systems and information against the loss of confidentiality, integrity, and availability
* The ability to build effective relationships with both business and IT departments
* The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of different levels
* The capability to develop and deliver security reports and technical documentation
* To be organised, flexible, have an eye for detail and can keep to deadlines
* Have a keen desire to continually develop knowledge and keep up to date with technologies and developments
* Proven experience of having good fault finding and troubleshooting skills
* A full valid driving licence
* Further education qualifications in IT or industry recognised qualifications
* Proven experience of working in a large operational environment, ideally as part of a security operations team
* Knowledge of Security Frameworks such as Cyber Essentials, CIS Controls, & ISO27001
* A recognised security qualification such as BCS, CISSP, CISM or SSCP
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76747935