Interim Financial Controller
Axon Moore are representing a growing business based in the Macclesfield area. They are recruiting a Financial Controller on an Interim / Possibly Interim to Permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the accounting function and the financial resources in accordance with Group and statutory standards and contribute as a member of the Management Team towards achieving financial targets, corporate objectives and participating in the development of overall Company strategy.
- Production of accurate, meaningful financial information, including forecasts for local management and board meetings, in line with statutory and Group requirements to agreed format and timetables thereby ensuring that reporting deadlines are met.
- Undertake the compilation of annual budgets and profit plans, ensuring and co-ordinating contributions from other departmental/divisional heads and in conjunction with the Managing Director agree their sign-off and compliance with Group objectives.
- Liaise with and assist the external and Group Auditors to validate the accuracy and integrity of financial information and management systems.
- Manage the Company's financial resources to ensure that cash flow and overdraft facilities remain within agreed limits in line with budget and forecasts.
- Seek opportunities to maximise cash flow by regular review of debtors and the terms extended to customers.
- Manage the working capital requirements of the business.
- Ensure that appropriate procedures are in force regarding the safekeeping and recording of Company assets.
- Ensure compliance with approved discretionary powers
- Regularly review with Directors the compliance of each part of the business with the financial requirements set out
- Co-ordinate Company programmes aimed at cost reduction and improving added value by the effective implementation of job/contract costing and other control programmes.
- Contribute, as a member of the Management Team, to the achievement of agreed objectives and the development of profitable growth of the business.
- Recruit, manage and develop Accounts staff to enable them to complete their tasks efficiently, accurately and to time.
- Assist the Managing Director with assignments relating to strategic alliances and other exercises as may arise from time to time.
Ideally CIMA/ACCA or ACA.
Experience in either a financial controller role or senior position in larger organisation.
Ideally a professional Interim candidate with a variety or Fc and commercial roles.
Previous experience of contract/job costing helpful.
Dynamic individual having good leadership capabilities and ability to liaise with colleagues from other disciplines.
Experience of staff management
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76712967