We are embarking on a journey to transform and modernise our IT Services and ways of working through close collaboration and partnerships. We are achieving this by passionately embracing new technology and empowering multi-disciplined teams to deliver ambitious strategic objectives through creativity, innovation and forward thinking.
As a charity we are focused on doing the right thing for our clients, colleagues and society as a whole, whilst maintaining a commercial drive to deliver on our commitments. We embrace the opportunities and risks of championing new exciting technologies by having the courage to fail, ensuring we learn quickly and positively from our mistakes.
Our passionate, driven and committed IT teams are all co-located in the centre of Leeds, ensuring an open, honest and supportive atmosphere through face to face interaction. We are keen to invest in the continuous development of our IT professionals as well as ensuring a true work-life balance can be achieved by all, through flexibility, in our fun and sociable environment.
That’s why we’re recruiting for an experienced Release Manager to join out IT team. The successful candidate will have an amazing opportunity to really consolidate their release management experience and use it to work alongside a strong team. We offer a great working environment with a vibrant team culture that encourages innovation and hard work. If you are a hardworking and keen to develop your career by working on automated release approaches in a fast paced, highly regulated environment, then this is role for you.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring all managed releases are properly planned, communicated, and fully resourced (utilising and co-ordinating resources from various technical and operational teams, and third parties) to ensure minimal adverse impacts in the live environment
- To formulate and own the communications for all managed release related activity, ensuring key stakeholders are informed in a timely, accurate and concise fashion
- Document detailed live deployment plans, including full communication, verification, and back-out planning, and to arrange practice release activity where appropriate
- To identify release conflicts, dependencies, or risk that could affect the overall project and change pipeline. Work with IT and Operational management to agree a release schedule which is understood and ensures a smooth delivery of change.
- ensure a consistent understanding of release management activities and to ensure they retain the required profile within the lifecycle of the project
- Working with the team to develop and define the automated CI/CD release processes
What we're looking for
- ITIL accreditation to at least Foundation level
- Exposure to formal Project Management toolsets
- Good general knowledge of IT infrastructure gained in a Windows based server environment
- Excellent planning and communication skills
- Experience of stakeholder management up to exec level
- Experience of working in a financially regulated industry
- Automated deployments
Some of our key benefits include:
Generous holiday entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work, annual discretionary bonus, assisted study, contributory group personal pension plan, health cash plan and above all we’re a great place to work, come see for yourself.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76745221