Independent school in Chester looking for part time Payroll Officer starting asap.
Your new company
This school is based in Chester and caters for pupils right across from early years to sixth form.
Your new role
As payroll officer you will be responsible for accurately issuing pay to employees by calculating earnings and deductions in accordance with established practices and guidelines. This post is part time for 6 days per month to be covered around payroll deadlines. The annual salary for this post is £24,700 which will be pro rata for this 0.3 contract.
Day to day the duties of this role include:
- Updating and maintaining payroll information and processing this to selected dates
- Investigating and correcting payroll discrepancies and errors
- Process holiday, sick, maternity pay, expenses and issue P45's, P60's and P11d's
- Managing the administration for pension schemes including Teachers Pension and the auto-enrolment process
- Managing salary sacrifice for staff members and administering BUPA, childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
This post is initially fixed term for 12 months with a view to that going permanent after that time.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for this post you will need:
- Experience of payroll processing and a strong knowledge of payroll regulations and requirements
- Strong numerical skills with an understanding of basic accounting principles
- Self-discipline and the ability to adhere to deadlines
What you'll get in return
In return you will be joining a busy but supportive team willing to invest in your development. From Hays you will work with a dedicated consultant who will support you through the application and interview process and be an additional support once you start your new role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76754582