Robert half are helping an 3rd sector organisation employ a Senior Payroll Officer, this is great opportunity to work within a friendly, supportive environment surrounded by an experienced and enthusiastic central team who care and are committed to your professional development.
- Processing own group of UK payrolls.
- Work to strict deadlines according to Payroll Processing Calendars
- Preparation and timely payment of BACS files.
- Manual payroll calculations where required.
- Compliance with company procedures.
- Accurate time recording and payslip head count for billing purposes.
- Daily process of all bank receipts, including writing up cash receipts books, including exchange variances , and allocating to customer accounts on accounts system
- Banking of any cheques received and processing as above
- Weekly reconciliation of all monies received against bank statements
- Assist Accounts Manager with purchase ledger, in particular logging invoices and sending them out for approval
- A good understanding of how payroll works in line with the HRMC
- A good understanding of how to process pensions to comply with the pension provider and regulators requirements.
- Strong organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- 2+ years' experience in Payroll
Salary & benefits
- Up to £30k
- A generous pension scheme
- Enhanced sickness, holidays and parental benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.