UK Tax Manager
Robert Half are hiring for a UK Tax Manager for a leading international manufacturing business based near to Dunstable. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Reporting into the Head of Tax, the UK Tax Manager will be responsible for all the tax affairs for the UK and Ireland for this successful and growing business.
He or she will directly manage a Tax Accountant who will focus on tax accounting, reporting and compliance, leaving the Tax Manager to focus their time on tax advisory and project work - for example working on the integration of a recently-acquired business.
The Tax Manager will predominantly focus on Corporate Tax issues but will also work on VAT and indirect taxes, employment taxes, Transfer Pricing and related areas such as SAO.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on complex tax issues to functional or operational areas
- Build long-term relationships within area of responsibility (internally) and select, and manage ongoing relationships with, external consultants and advisors(for example tax firms) to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop the respective team by performing the employee management process for staff (e.g. staffing decisions, coaching, development, evaluation) with an emphasis to coach and mentor employees. Provide specific, timely and constructive performance feedback.
- Lead and contribute to finding and implementing effective solutions in a matrix organization
- Coordinate external and internal tax Audits and resolving audit findings
- Maintains the interface to Group Financial Control, Group Tax, Business Unit Controlling network and Business contacts
- Follow accounting standards and other group policies such as Mand legal regulations
The company is looking to hire a tax specialist who is either a qualified accountant (A/ A / I) or a qualified tax adviser (C).
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of UK corporate tax issues and will be experienced in providing tax advice to a business as well as managing tax compliance processes.
Prior in-house experience would be beneficial, as would experience of working with manufacturing businesses. Knowledge of indirect taxes and employment taxes is desirable but is not strictly necessary.
The client is a leading international manufacturing business based near to D who produce many well-known brands.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £70,000 to £75,000 plus car allowance, bonus and benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.