Inclusion Calling Team Leader
Inclusion Calling Team Leader
Start date: ASAP
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic Team Leader for the Inclusion Calling Team in Manchester. This role will be split between assisting the Team Manager with the smooth, successful running of the department, and also with making calls to customers.
Your time will be spent working with another Team Leader to supervise a team of calling agents. The Inclusion Calling Team make outbound calls to, and handle inbound calls from, parents and guardians to follow up on the medical and support information they have provided as part of their young person's application to NCS. The purpose of the calls is to gather the information we need for a young person to safely take part on our NCS programmes.
You will work closely with other teams to deliver an efficient and high quality customer journey in a fast paced environment, with high volumes and targets to work towards.
- Motivating Inclusion Calling agents to achieve KPIs and Targets
- Being a subject matter expert - this will mean you are adept at query handling, floor walking and assisting new starters. Full training on our programmes and NCS will be provided
- Assisting with and delivering training
- Completing agent related admin (holiday requests, system problems etc.)
- Working closely with managers to ensure agents are equipped and supported to hit their targets
- Supporting the use of our telephony and CRM system (Salesforce), troubleshooting issues and identifying solutions
- Enforcing behavioural standards
- Making calls to parents, guardians and specialists as much as demand allows
- Being a point of escalation for customer queries and potential complaints
Skills and experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong time management whilst working to tight deadlines
- Competence with Excel
- Ability to work to quality and quantity targets, with the ability to prioritise
- Ability to organise workloads for yourself and others
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to support and motivate colleagues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a calling team
- Experience of supervising or managing people or teams
- Experience in monitoring and reporting performance against targets
- Enjoy talking to people, being helpful and doing all you can to agree solutions to challenges
- Being calm under pressure and remaining assertive
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, our mission and values with the ability to bring this to life when serving customers and working with colleague
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, permanent position
- Salary: £21,000 per annum
- The role requires regular shift and weekend working (shifts will most likely be 11:00 - 19:00 for 4 days during the week and 10:00 - 18:00 on a Saturday, but may cover hours from 0900-2000 and weekends 1000-1800)
- Please apply by emailing your CV and a Cover Letter addressing your suitability for this role via the button below.