Teaching and Learning Administrative Assistant
The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to support our hardworking Teaching and Learning team. We are looking for an organised, flexible and self-motivated team player to provide an efficient, confidential and personal secretarial service to our team.
As part of the role, the successful candidate will build a good working rapport with colleagues, students, parents and visitors and ensure regular contact with the Teaching and Learning Team. The post holder will be responsible for responding to emails, minuting one to one meetings, drafting reports and preparing various communications.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work on their own initiative and will see opportunities to make an impact and develop their own skills
- Be a good team player with flexibility in working hours and styles to ensure the smooth operation of the department
- Have excellent communication skills and committed to high standards
- Possess energy and enthusiasm and flexible to adapt to changing needs
- Have experience of organising meetings, taking accurate and concise minutes and knowledge/understanding of data protection
- Have knowledge of educational legislation, guidance and legal requirements
- Salary: L3.18 to L4.21 - £15,567 to £18,210 (pro-rata salary based on 39 working weeks)
- Weeks: 39 weeks
- Hours: 37 hours a week
- Type of role: Permanent
- Start Date: As soon as possible
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with cross trust and national development programs and bespoke opportunities to support your development
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
- Local subsided gym membership and many other staff benefits
Teacher Testimonial: “ What I really felt here more than anywhere else was that the welcome was extremely warm and the team wanted to develop me and nurture me as a leader, a professional and a teacher. They have given me the opportunity to go on to the national leadership course, which allowed me to nurture my own leadership skills and learn a whole host of different things, which I had not had the opportunity to learn before. After 4 years, I was seconded onto the SLT team looking after Teaching and Learning, which has always been my real passion. In September this year, I was seconded to be the Associate Vice Principal which added another layer which challenged me and helped me experience lots of other aspects at the school. At Stockwood, we really believed the CPD should be personalised at whatever level you are at and whatever level you come into the Academy. If you are an NQT or Unqualified, we really nurture the talent you have and we will help you gain QTS and complete your NQT year. We have also put together a rolling CPD programme every Thursday night so that people are really supported. We believe that nurturing talent upwards is really important, whether that's pastoral care, curriculum care, teaching and learning and then moving into SLT. We have middle leader and senior leaders’ courses and send people out on National Accreditation. Stockwood Park Academy have really helped me develop my skills and I'm very lucky that I have a team of people that I know I can develop myself and still do my day to day job.”
Want to know what our teachers have to say about working at Stockwood Park Academy?
Watch our video by visiting: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th October at 12pm
Interviews: Friday 13th October 2017
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.