Individual Support Assistant
We are looking for an inspiring and talented Individual Support Assistant to join our multi-disciplinary team, under the leadership and supervision of the Teacher/Senior Staff.
Harris Primary Academy Kent House opened in September 2013 on the site of the former Royston Primary School in Penge. It is a very exciting time to be joining our flourishing team. At Harris Primary Academy Kent House we have the highest possible aspirations for our staff and pupils. We expect all our children to make very good progress and develop the skills and personal qualities they will need for the future. We believe that when children are as young as they are in Primary School, happiness is key to success.
You will work with individual/Groups to supervise physical/general care of pupils, including those with SEN; enable access to learning for pupils and assist the Teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in an exciting new role.
What we are looking for:
At HPAKH we will have the highest possible aspirations for our staff and pupils. We will expect all our children to make very good progress and develop the skills and personal qualities they need for the future.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Be an excellent individual support assistant;
- Support the class teacher to ensure children make excellent progress;
- Have high expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child;
- Want to make a difference to the lives of local children;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be committed to working in partnership with teachers, parents and the community;
- Be a committed team player who enjoys working collaboratively;
- Be committed to their own professional development.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kent House?
At Kent House you would be working as part of a supportive team. In addition to the benefits outlined, we offer excellent professional development opportunities provided by Harris Federation. We would also offer:
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work;
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all our children;
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school prior to applying.
For a confidential discussion about this post with the Head of Academy, or to arrange a visit, please call 020 8402 7178.
Closing Date: Wednesday 18 October 2017
Interviews: w/c Monday 30 October 2017
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.