Credit Risk Manager
A fully FCA regulated Foreign Exchange brokerage, based in London, with almost 15 years of industry expertise and recognised in The Sunday Times top 100 best small companies to work for list. With access to over 130 major and local market currencies and a range of products we offer both our corporate and private clients a strategic streamlined approach to international trading, treasury and risk management. We are a company that has grown steadily to become a recognised market leader, with a reputation for looking after staff by offering a host of benefits and remuneration packages. From our monthly celebration of success to our annual skiing trip our focus is on harnessing professional talent and maintaining strong client relationships.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Credit Risk Manager will act as a source of expertise in assisting the Head of Risk to evaluate and recommend acceptable risk levels across all the firm's activities and to specifically control credit risk through constant monitoring of the portfolio.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (What duties are required for the positon)
- Review of Credit Applications prepared by FoH prior to decision within the individual approval authority or escalation to Credit Committee for final approval to ensure identified risks are appropriately mitigated. This will involve;
- Thorough evaluation of the transaction structure, financial data such as financial models, balance sheets and income statements to determine the level of acceptable risk.
- Provide a succinct and well-made recommendation to the Credit Committee and/ or Board.
- Providing timely assessment of credit risk for corporate clients, private clients and financial counterparties.
- Ensure that the turnaround time on the review of Credit Applications meets the SLA with the FoH.
- Take the lead to enhance the quality of Credit Applications and make ongoing recommendations about procedural and policy changes where necessary.
- Liaise with all departments to instil a 'risk aware' culture throughout the firm and to maintain an appropriate up to date knowledge of key risk issues.
- Regular monitoring of credit exposures to ensure adherence to the authorised portfolio and single clients. Also, monitoring of collateral and approval conditions where relevant.
- Implement and maintain responsibility for appropriate procedures as set out in the Credit Policy/ Procedures, spreadsheets, risk registers, files and storage to ensure all appropriate records are maintained and legal documents are safely stored.
- Daily review of data held in the firm's systems to ensure facility limits, review and expiry dates are up to date and any excess/ deviations are escalated appropriately.
- Lead in the preparation and review of facility documentation where required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Minimum University Degree or sectoral specific financial or accounting designation - AAT, ACCA, FRM, CFA.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in risk management, gained within a large or international financial services environment.
- Exposure to Foreign Exchange products to include both PSD and Derivative asset classes - Spot, Forward and Options products.
- Adaptable, confident, reliable, motivated with strong time management skills and the ability to lead a team effectively.
- Excellent IT, analytical, numerical, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and team management skills are desired.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- A demonstrable ability to identify credit risk and control along with a good understanding of legal documentation.
- Ability to assess and recommend large credit cases, which includes fact finding, due diligence, customer calls/ visits.
- Ability to ensure there is sufficient and robust credit risk management by supporting and maintaining established decisioning and portfolio management processes.
- Maintenance and recommendations to improvement of credit and risk policies, based on the firm's business model and strategic objectives.
- Ability to ensure that the firm complies with all applicable regulations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on your current skills and experience within a growing financial services business based in the heart of the city.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76730462