Utilities Oracle CC&B Applications Manager/Consultant
Utilities Oracle CC&B Applications Manager/Consultant
(must be willing to be based at and travel to client sites throughout the UK)
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience:
Associate Manager: from £42,000
Manager: from £56,000
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance with best in class established and emerging technologies. We are able to extend our technology and business capabilities by working closely with market leaders and innovators to provide our clients with the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
With Accenture Technology you will deliver everything from point solutions for a single business function to large, long term outsourcing services, to complex systems integration installations spanning multiple businesses and functions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
The Resources Technology Application Services group supports the Utilities practice within Accenture, providing System Integration and Application Management capabilities to support Utilities clients across the UK. The practice has grown significantly over the past years and remains on a strong growth trajectory. We are growing our deep industry and technology subject matter expertise supporting execution on our projects.
Through our Account teams, we play a critical role in helping Accenture's clients become High Performance Utilities businesses. We have developed trusted relationships with senior management within the Business and Technology from the Front Office and back through the key operational, support and control functions. We have a wide breadth of clients and our Account management teams are led by people with extensive knowledge of our clients' business and operational goals and concerns.
- Individuals will have strong experience of working within Utilities environment with a strong understanding of UK market processes
- They should be either from an industry, technology consulting or technology implementation/application support background
- Individuals will have at least 2 full cycle Oracle CC&B implementation experience with specialisation in areas of requirement gathering, requirements elaboration and documenting functional specifications and high level solution approaches.
- Expertise in the overall product architecture, data model , Oracle Utilities Application Framework (OUAF) and meter to cash cycle
- Extensive experience in implementing all of the Oracle CC&B modules including Campaigns/Orders & The ‘V’ set-up (Contract Management), Billing , Metering, Field Orders , Payments , Adjustments, Credit & Collections and Case Management and To Do’s.
- Integration experience with other Oracle products including but not limited to MDM, BI, Oracle Service Cloud , Oracle Knowledge and EBS
- Integration experience with legacy and third party applications related to corporate ERP,CRM, Digital front end, customer communication channels, third party comparison sites payment processing, Smart message communication and market messaging.
- Understand full life-cycle IT implementation coupled with a strong understanding of the inherent business challenges and processes within those areas
- Manager level recruits are expected to have played a leadership role in the delivery of the Oracle CC&B implementation.
- Consultant level recruits are expected to have led large workstreams or provided deep SME input in the delivery of the Oracle CC&B implementation.
- Ability to work with senior clients and lead successful system integration projects in Utilities environment.
- Well-developed analytical skills including ability to work with poorly defined problems, provide clarity to complex issues or situations and synthesise large amounts of information and highlight salient points
- Skills in developing solution components for estimation
- We expect experienced hires to be excited about joining the Accenture UK technology practice and give details of practice building activities that they have completed in their previous roles displaying leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment with excellent client relationship/interpersonal skill, strong written and verbal communication skills and a strong professional presence. This should include excellent written (structured documents, presentations) and verbal communication skills, for example, facilitation of meetings, presentation of materials)
- We expect the candidate to have the ability to work with other members of on and off-shore IT teams in particular 1st-line / DevOps teams
- A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals. Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Has some latitude in decision-making.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
Systems Integration Delivery
- Define Oracle utilities business solution that may include defining business architecture, process design and delivery activities whilst driving the development of improved technologies.
- Executing business analyst and / or project management activities such as gap analysis, requirements gathering / definition, functional specifications, risk/issue management, project planning etc.
- Design, implement and deploy Oracle solutions to achieve defined business goals. Maintain skills in Oracle applications process design and configuration; Oracle application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; and Oracle application technical architecture.
- Facilitating teams and supporting workshops / meetings across multiple phases of the project delivery lifecycle
- Working within multidisciplinary teams across both business and technology to execute project deliverables
Working Alongside Clients and Building Relationships
- Be able to demonstrate credibility to work alongside/with client SME’s and team leaders.
- Developing trusted relationships with clients, target clients and internal experts as part of project delivery.
- Understanding and representing Accenture’s Utilities capabilities with clients and acting as a trusted partner.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25/30 days’ vacation per year (depending on level), gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
All applicants should be fully flexible between Monday and Friday and prepared to work at any of our client locations across the UK, this may mean staying away from home during the working week. This role requires working a shift or call out rota.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31st August 2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76733480