Programme Manager, Enterprise
The Royal Society of Chemistry has a great opportunity for an Enterprise Programme Manager to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis, at our Cambridge Science Park office.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. We are a provider of knowledge, a professional body and a voice for chemical sciences, with a heritage that spans 175 years. We work with industry and academia to promote collaboration and innovation. We advise governments on policy, and we promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in science.
Our reach into the chemistry using industries is over 2,500 companies, from start-ups to multinationals, including over 300 R&D based small and medium enterprises. Our membership in industry exceeds 12,000 individuals, representing a diverse set of sectors including energy, oil and gas, nuclear, food and drinks, consumer products and pharmaceuticals.
Our Industry team provide the community of companies and individuals working in chemistry related industries with relevant support, access to knowledge and connections to fast-track innovation.
We are looking to increase our engagement, in particular with chemistry-based companies in early stages of development and entrepreneurs. As our Programme Manager (Enterprise) you will play a key role in delivering our industry strategy, by designing new programmes, products or services and managing current initiatives aimed at supporting early stage companies and entrepreneurs.
The Programme Manager (Enterprise) role will have budget responsibility and will need to occasionally travel and work weekends.
We are looking for:
- Degree in chemistry or other science subject.
- Specialist knowledge of commercialisation and investment processes or experience working in a specialist role in entrepreneurial environment e.g. incubator, accelerator, university technology transfer office.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining internal and external collaborations.
- Experience in writing business cases to support new products/services development and investment.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Experience of setting and managing budgets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative and flexible approach to teamwork.
- Project management experience.
- Experience supporting first time entrepreneurs and SMEs with training or events.
- Good understanding of the chemistry using industries.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package. If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description via the button below.